Monday 8 December 2014

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Review & Swatches

Hello beauties!

Today I'll be sharing with you my thoughts on the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream. Truth is, this is my first time trying the product. I have been wanting to try this out but just didn't have the chance 'cos I'm more to MAC (since idk how many years ago). Ever since my first purchase (Prague) from a Carousell seller, I definitely told myself that I've got to get this in different shades! And I did.. 4 of them. Haha.

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream is very creamy and has a dry to matte formula. It stays on my lips for a few hours but had to re-touch the stains on my lips after eating or drinking. I love how matte formula works and they stay on the lips the longest time compared to sheen or frost lipsticks.

Since they are creamy, I personally think the product is very mousse-ish and has a creamy texture compared to matte lipsticks (chalky texture) or liquid lip glosses.

Here are the swatches. Hope this helps in giving you an idea on which shade to get. :)








Antwerp: 
Nude coral shade (but in this picture it appears to be pinkish? Or is it just me?)

Prague:
Mid tone mauve shade (used this for my Korean Makeup Look on prev post)

Morocco:
Orangey red shade


Amsterdam:
True red. More of the cool red shade. 

Addis Ababa:
Bright pink shade


Individual swatches on my lips. Sorry if the color didn't turn out well due to lighting and HP camera. I tried my best to take the picture using natural lighting.



Antwerp



Prague



Morocco



Amsterdam


 Addis Ababa - The color wasn't showing well on my camera hence asked my BF to take a picture of me wearing this lip cream when we met. It's supposed to be a dark pink color but it looks lighter on my lips and is definitely not showing the true pink color that is on the packaging even when I applied on my lips.


Out of the 5 lip creams, I'd definitely use Prague and Amsterdam more compared to the other 3. But occasionally I will use Antwerp for a soft look or Morocco to spice up my look and get that orangy tangy look.




No comments:

Post a Comment