Sunday 14 December 2014

YSL Rouge Pur Couture


Hello! This is my latest YSL purchase during the L'Oreal Private Sale that I went. These are the Rouge Pur Couture but I believe the shades are either limited edition or permanent (am not too sure) because when I Google for the particular shades I got, I couldn't find any and it is not even available online.

I will just go through the review and you can try and ask the sales person over at YSL in ION if you like any of the 3 shades I mentioned. These lippies are great for the holiday; I got all 3 in red hues but with different undertones.

YSL is of course the higher end and pricier range of lipsticks but It's all worth it when I got this on sale. At the end of the day, the quality of the lipstick is what matters. If you are into high end make-up products and would like to try YSL, I definitely will recommend it. It's a value for money especially when it comes to the packaging! This is what you'd expect from Yves Saint Laurent! I'm in awe for the packaging too! Haha!



First up are the swatches. I got 2 lipsticks and 1 glossy stain. During the time when I had to choose the shade, I was really indecisive in choosing and whether I should get more glossy stain or lipstick. 


The glossy stain has a sticky substance and is glossy. It does not appear matte on my lips and gives that sheer and glossy look like when you apply lipgloss. It has a great staying power but although it appears to be glossy, I'd recommend you to moisturize your lips first before applying any lip product. The stain effect is rather persistent too. 


As for the lipsticks, this is by far the best lipstick ever! It is hands down the longest wearing lipstick I've ever used other than M.A.C (but they are only long lasting when it comes to matte lipsticks). It is very smooth and glides on my lips perfectly and is a matte/satin finish. It appears to be satin when you first apply it but feels a little bit silky matte after a while and it is NOT drying at all. Personally to me, I will definitely repeat my purchase. :)


Glossy stain - 24






Sale price - $30
Original Singapore price - $48

No comments:

Post a Comment