Sunday 25 May 2014

How to: Match Your Foundation


Hello makeup lovers! Suddenly I just thought of sharing some tips on how to match your foundation. This is always the trickiest part especially when you buy foundation online. As for me, I always avoid buying online UNLESS, I already own that product and that I already know my shade. 

Tips for Matching Your Foundation:

  • If it happens that the foundation has no tester, the best way to find the matching foundation is to hold the bottle up to your jaw line instead of matching it with your hands or neck or arms etc. Usually parts of your face will be the one that you should match the foundation. 
  • Most makeup stores will have testers. This is better because you can test the foundation on your skin. Try to remove a small amount of makeup on your jawline and blend the foundation on your skin. If the shade that you choose blends into your skin, means you've found your shade! But if it appear lighter or darker, try a different shade.
  •  Also be reminded that sometimes foundation out of the bottle won't match your skin perfectly. This happen to me when it comes to my Artistry Foundation. I have to mix two shades; a slightly lighter than my skin tone and a slightly darker than my skin tone to match my skin perfectly. It's kind of a trial and error to find the perfect combination.
  • Always be prepared to get a foundation that is 1 shade darker than your skin tone. Since our country is super hot & humid, you may not know when you'll get tanned under the hot sun. When I am out under the sun doing activities w/o any makeup, I tend to be slightly darker than usual. This is when I'll need my NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Foundation. ;)
  • If your skin has a pink undertone or if the veins on your wrist appear blue, choose a "c" for cool shade but if the veins on your wrist looks green, choose a "w" for warm shade. If you are uncertain, you can always choose a "n" for neutral shade. 
Here's the end of my post and hopefully these tips are helpful to you. I always apply tip 1 and tip 3 when purchasing my foundation since I am used to choosing my shade for a certain brand. Till my next post! 


No comments:

Post a Comment